Welcome to our 8th Annual Richmond Hill Winter Carnival Wing Eating Contest!
Grand Prize: 1 lb of free wings every week for a year at King Henry’s Arms, Richmond Hill Ontario*
Fill out a registration online or at the pub before 12:00 pm on Friday January 3rd, 2023 for a chance to compete.
Eight (8) competitors will be selected from all of the applications by 12:00 pm on Saturday February 4th. Selected competitors will be announced from the Main Stage at the Richmond Hill Winter Carnival at 12:30 pm. If your name is called from the Main Stage, you must register at the Wing Eating Contest desk, inside the Tent at the Richmond Hill Winter Carnival by 12:45 pm. The contest starts at 1:30 pm at the same location.
* Dine-in only. Weekly prize must be claimed each week – prizes do not accumulate week to week. Prize must be taken as described – no cash value. Prize expires February 4th, 2024.
- In order to be eligible, contestants must be at least nineteen (19) years of age.
- The eight (8) contestants will be determined by random draw from all names submitted via the Richmond Hill Winter Carnival website and onsite registration prior to the deadline.
- Contestants must be present at the Richmond Hill Winter Carnival for the drawing and must have purchased and be wearing a Richmond Hill Winter Carnival 2023 button.
- Each contestant will be given a total of 3 lbs of wings (8 wings per round) one pound at a time.
- The wings will be prepared in the signature King Henry’s Arms Jacko style starting with a medium sauce and then successively hot and suicide sauces.
- There will be a limit of 8 minutes in which the contestants will attempt to eat as many wings as they can with no meat remaining on the bone. A judge will inspect each pound, before the next one is provided for the contestant.
- The contestant that eats the most wings in the allotted period of time or eats all 3 lbs of wings completely in the shortest period of time, wins.
<!–center>Registration Is No Longer Open–>
You can also print the registration form, to fill out at home and bring in to King Henry’s Arms (9301 Yonge Street, Richmond Hill, Ontario L4C 1V4).
For more information or questions, you can contact Anders.