Welcome to the first ever Richmond Hill Winter Carnival Scavenger Hunt!
Our Scavenger Hunt will run from January 29, 2021 to February 7, 2021.
We will announce the Scavenger Hunt List here on January 29 at 10 am and you will have until February 7 at 11:59 pm to email your submissions.
- Please observe current Region of York social distancing protocols and masking rules to prevent COVID-19 and keep all members of your team safe: https://www.york.ca/preventcovid19.
- Each family/team participating must have a team/family name and have registered with that team name and a single email address to participate (see form below).
- By registering, you show your willingness to have your submitted photo(s) used on the Richmond Hill Winter Carnival website, Facebook page and/or Twitter account for the wider community to admire.
- Submissions are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and:
- must include the registered team/family name
- must be sent from the registered email address
- There are no “winners” or “losers” and teams don’t have to complete all the activities, but there will be special prizes awarded to teams which do fulfil all challenges. Extra points and publicity will also be awarded to teams showing creativity!
- The 2021 Scavenger Hunt takes place between Friday, January 29 through to the end of the Richmond Hill Winter Carnival weekend, Sunday, February 7. Challenge activities will be posted here on Friday, January 29 at 10 am.
- Most importantly – Have Fun!
You will need to register your team! Remember, your Team Name needs to be included in your email submissions, and your submissions sent from the email address you register with, or your submission won’t be counted.
- Photo of you/team member holding your favourite book(s) in front of a virtual or computer screen showing a Richmond Hill Public Library branch sign (visit their website for a list of branches).
- Photo of you/team member with a snowman, snowfort or snow sculpture you’ve made.
- Photo of you or team members tobogganing at your favourite hill.
- Photo of a collage of paper snowflakes you created.
- Photo of you/team members skating on a backyard rink.
- Photo of you/team members enjoying an outdoor winter hike in Richmond Hill. For ideas, visit The City Of Richmond Hill’s article on staying active at home.
- Photo of you or a team member snowshoeing or snowboarding.
- Photo of your completed Richmond Hill Winter Carnival 2021 crossword.
- Photo of a tall stack of snowballs or the biggest icicle you can find.
- Craft a winter hat out of paper, show photo of it worn by a team member.
- Photo of you/team members enjoying a nighttime winter exercise walk or star gazing.
- Photo of you/your team with your family’s or neighbour’s birdfeeder.
- Photo of animal tracks you found in the snow.
- Photo of hockey or ringette stick balanced on your, or a team member’s, head.
- Photo of your team at your favourite Richmond Hill park, trail or showing you safely enjoying your favourite playground equipment.
- Photo of you/team members enjoying a steaming mug or thermos of coffee or hot chocolate outside.