Welcome to our second Road Hockey Hockey Championships!
Saturday from 5 to 8pm.
Sponsored By: King Henry’s Arms
There is an Entrance Fee of $100 per team.
Limit of 8 teams, each comprised of 6 players.
Players must be a minimum of 19 years of age.
Please bring your entry fee to: King Henry’s Arms (9301 Yonge Street, Richmond Hill) by January 25th, 2019 or call us at 905-884-8887.
Cheques made payable to: Richmond Hill Winter Carnival
1st Prize: 6 Tickets to a Toronto Maple Leaf game
2nd Prize: 6 x $25 King Henry’s Arms Gift Certificates
Format For The Games
- Tournament format – 3 rounds of 2 games played at once, one championship game
- Games to be played on Mill Street between west of Trench towards Leisure Lane (in front of Mill Pond Gallery)
- Playing area size = Curb to Curb x 60 ft.
- boundaries will be marked by traffic cones
- 4 players on road – 2 substitutes for a total of 6 players per team
- No goaltenders
- 30 minutes games running time with 3-10 min periods, and a 2-3 minute break between periods
- Nets are 8 inches high and 6 feet wide.
- Team Captains will be required to officiate one game during the tournament.
- Helmets must be worn by all players
- Insurance waivers must be signed by all players before the game starts
- Must score from the “attacking” side of half only
- Teams must give the opposing team half road (10 feet) after a goal or infraction, until a player or the ball crosses half
- No hand passes and no goals “kicked in”
- No goaltending: Players may not back themselves into and against the net. Players may not lay themselves, their stick or their knee across the net in order to prevent a goal.
- Goaltending will result in an automatic goal
- No raising the ball or stick above the knee
- No slap shots, stick blades must remain on the road during play.
- No aggressive physical contact or language
- No using hands or stick for holding, hooking, slashing, or tripping
- No aggressive behaviour towards other players, volunteers, or officials.
- No goalie equipment or goal sticks
- All teams must have home (white) and away (dark) uniforms
- If a ball goes out of bounds, the last team to touch it loses possession. During restart the defender must give his opponent 2 stick lengths.
- There are no off-sides or icing calls.
- In the case of a tie, teams will play a 3 min overtime. If a winner has not been determined, play will continue until the first team scores.
You can either fill out the online form below, or use our printable form and bring it with your entry fee to King Henry’s Arms (9301 Yonge St, Unit 2A, Richmond Hill).
For more information or questions, you can contact Beth.