Welcome to our 5th Annual Richmond Hill Winter Carnival Wing Eating Contest!
Grand Prize: 1 lb of free wings every week for a year at King Henry’s Arms, Richmond Hill Ontario*
Fill out a registration online or at the pub before 12:00 pm on Friday February 3rd, 2017 for a chance to compete.
Eight (8) competitors will be selected from all of the applications by 12:00 pm on Saturday February 4th, 2017. Selected competitors will be announced from the Main Stage at the Richmond Hill Winter Carnival at 12:30 pm on Saturday February 4th, 2017. If your name is called from the Main Stage, you must register at the Wing Eating Contest desk, inside the Main Tent at the Richmond Hill Winter Carnival by 12:45 pm. The contest starts at 1:30 pm at the same location.
* Dine-in only. Weekly prize must be claimed each week – prizes do not accumulate week to week. Prize must be taken as described – no cash value. Prize expries February 5th, 2018.
- In order to be eligible, contestants must be at least nineteen (19) years of age.
- The eight (8) contestants will be determined by random draw from all names submitted via the Richmond Hill Winter Carnival website and onsite registration prior to the deadline.
- Contestants must be present at the Richmond Hill Winter Carnival for the drawing and must have purchased and be wearing a Richmond Hill Winter Carnival 2017 button.
- Each contestant will be given a total of 3 lbs of wings (8 wings per round) one pound at a time.
- The wings will be prepared in the signature King Henry’s Arms Jacko style starting with a medium sauce and then successively hot and suicide sauces.
- There will be a limit of 8 minutes in which the contestants will attempt to eat as many wings as they can with no meat remaining on the bone. A judge will inspect each pound, before the next one is provided for the contestant.
- The contestant that eats the most wings in the allotted period of time or eats all 3 lbs of wings completely in the shortest period of time, wins.